We're looking for an Office & Event Manager who will be the face of &samhoud's meeting hub at the Oosterdokskade in the heart of Amsterdam! We're looking for someone who welcomes colleagues and guests in a way that makes them feel at home right away. Your most important responsibilities will be ensuring the smooth running of our office on a day-to-day basis, and managing, planning, and organizing events with and for colleagues and clients. Your role is very dynamic, you will be in touch with many stakeholders, and are able to come up with new ideas to make the Oosterdok even a better and more inspiring place to be!
This includes activities such as…
- Organizing the office’s day-to-day operations; maintaining the office budget, welcoming clients, coordinating meeting rooms and arranging other necessities like office supplies, a nice lunch, good coffee, and groceries;
- Answering incoming calls and emails which you mainly process independently, or forward to the right colleague;
- Acting as the central point of contact for the team regarding all kinds of practical topics, such as gathering the right supplies for a meeting;
- Safeguarding the tidiness of the office and working spaces. A replacement of a light bulb, cleaning out closets or repainting a wall? You make sure it’s taken care of;
- Acting as the gatekeeper with our suppliers, varying from the cleaning staff to the printer mechanic;
- Supporting the team with a variety of administrative tasks, from checking invoices and arranging the right hardware for new colleagues, to the co-organization of team building days;
- Organizing fun activities for the company, varying from arranging birthday gifts to organizing a ‘vrijmibo’;
- Being in the lead and the contactperson of our one-firm event schedule for the Oosterdokskade;
- The planning and organization of our events with clients, from the idea-creation stage and the budgeting, to execution and reflection.
What we’re looking for…
- Fluency in Dutch and a good level of English; (Dutch is a must!)
- A great match with our young, informal and dynamic team;
- 0-2 years of work experience in an administrative/office management role;
- Skills like clear communication, great organization and smooth planning fit you like a glove;
- Exceptional attention to detail, nothing gets past you;
- Reliability and discretion are key in your role;
- Enthusiasm to maintain and improve our office;
- A ‘sure we can’ mentality; changing a planning last-minute does not scare you away.
What’s in it for you?
- A lively office in the heart of Amsterdam with spectacular art and views;
- A full-time contract for 7 months with a focus on permanent employment if we’re both happy;
- An inspiring, creative and informal workplace with a young, diverse, driven and passionate team;
- A place where you get trained and will be given the trust and responsibilities to become a great office and event manager;
- Learning more about other disciplines such as HR, finance, marketing and sales;
- Contributing to the success of innovative projects for leading brands like Ahold Delhaize, VodafoneZiggo, and WKZ;
- Plenty of room for your initiatives and ideas to make our office and team even better.