Our team is growing and we are looking for an Office Manager & Allround Support who enjoys organizing and helping out colleagues to ensure they can do their job in the best possible way. In our office at the Oosterdokskade in the heart of Amsterdam, you welcome colleagues and guests in a way that makes them feel at home right away. Your most important responsibilities will be ensuring the smooth running of our office on a day-to-day basis and managing the planning of our Account Manager. You form a team together with our HR Manager, who you will support with a variety of administrative tasks and together guard the team happiness. Your role is very dynamic, but you prioritize your tasks effortlessly in order to have every process run smoothly.
This includes activities such as…
- Maintaining and supporting the daily schedule of our Account Manager;
- Organizing the office’s day-to-day operations; welcoming clients, coordinating meeting rooms and arranging other necessities like office supplies, a nice lunch, good coffee, and groceries;
- Answering incoming calls and emails which you mainly process independently, or forward to the right colleague;
- Acting as the central point of contact for the team regarding all kinds of practical topics, such as gathering the right supplies for a meeting;
- Safeguarding the tidiness of the office and working spaces. A replacement of a light bulb, cleaning out closets or repainting a wall? You make sure it’s taken care of;
- Acting as the gatekeeper with our suppliers, varying from the cleaning staff to the printer mechanic;
- Supporting the HR Manager with a variety of administrative tasks, from checking invoices and arranging the right hardware for new colleagues, to recruitment support and the co-organization of team building days;
- Organizing fun activities for the team, varying from arranging birthday gifts to organizing a ‘vrijmibo’.
What we’re looking for…
- Fluency in Dutch and a good level of English; (Dutch is a must!)
- You match perfectly with our young, informal and dynamic team;
- 0-2 years of work experience in an administrative/office management role;
- Familiar with working with MS Office and Outlook;
- Exceptional attention to detail, nothing gets past you;
- Skills like clear communication, great organization and smooth planning fit you like a glove;
- An excellent communicator and always interested in the people around you;
- Reliability and discretion are key in your role;
- You are highly proactive and always willing to assist your colleagues or clients in the best way possible;
- A ‘sure we can’ mentality; changing a planning last-minute does not scare you away.
What’s in it for you?
- A lively office in the heart of Amsterdam with spectacular views;
- A full-time contract for 7 months with a focus on permanent employment if we’re both happy;
- An inspiring, creative and informal workplace with a young, diverse, driven and passionate team;
- A place where you get trained and will be given the trust and responsibilities to become a great office manager;
- Learning more about other disciplines such as HR, finance, marketing and sales;
- Contributing to the success of innovative projects for leading brands like Ahold Delhaize, VodafoneZiggo, and WKZ;
- Plenty of room for your initiatives and ideas to make our office and team even better.