Our team is growing and we’re looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer who is passionate about digital product design, is visually strong, has a creative mind, is conscientious and professional, and has a sharp focus on quality. Our ideal candidate is curious, loves a challenge, and doesn't shy away from a fruitful discussion with our team to convince them of your ideas. You understand that a strong design only becomes strong with a good dose of strategy and research, and know better than anyone how the right design can enhance the pleasure of use. In addition to wanting your work to be beautiful, you understand that colors and shapes have a function. You have a pixel-perfect eye and are annoyed by misaligned websites and apps.
This includes activities such as…
- Creating and delivering high-quality designs for our leading clients. This includes creating user flows, conducting research, prototyping, wireframing, mastering user tests, and creating visual styles;
- Diving into the psyche of the end-user and knowing how to make the right style choices;
- Presenting the designs to our customers and transferring them to our team of developers in clear design handoffs;
- Keeping an eye on the progress during regular design reviews while our developers transform the designs into an innovative end product;
- Keeping your head cool when a deadline approaches and effortlessly switching between multiple projects;
- Serving as a lead member of the Design team: lead, coach, inspire and mentor the design team, and help improve the design team's processes and approaches.
What we’re looking for…
- HBO/WO level and study background in UX;
- Fluency in Dutch and a good level of English; (Dutch really is a must!)
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in the role of Designer, preferably in a digital agency;
- Familiarity with tools like Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, Invision, Zeplin;
- Knowledge of UX design principles, design thinking methods, customer journeys, wireframing, prototyping;
- Experience with UI and graphics design for mobile, web, and marketing;
- Experience with Photoshop/Illustrator is an advantage;
- A natural managing small teams, timelines, and coaching peer junior designers;
- Structured and stress-resistant; someone who knows how to get things done;
- Punctual with a critical eye for detail;
- Proactive, not afraid to speak up, responsible, and reliable.
What’s in it for you?
- A full-time contract for 7 months with a focus on permanent employment if we’re both happy;
- An inspiring, creative and informal workplace with a young, diverse, driven and passionate team;
- We put your personal development first and give room to grow via coaching and workshops;
- Collaborating with colleagues in different roles: strategists, creatives, designers and developers;
- Part of the &samhoud group, reaping the benefits of all the expertise and experience of top management;
- Working for leading brands like Ahold Delhaize, VodafoneZiggo, and Landal GreenParks;
- Creating the coolest innovative projects, nationally as well as internationally focused;
- Plenty of room for your own initiatives and ideas.